About the company
“Riga Nordic Terminal,” SIA provides stivedoring services to ship agents, freight forwarders and international marine carriers. The company offers different type of cargo handling and storage services and is located in the area of the Free port of Riga on the right bank of the River Daugava near the Gulf of Riga.
Every year, the company acquires new customers, increasing its turnover by an average of more than 20%.
In 2016, Riga Nordic Terminal was the fastest growing terminal in terms of sawn timber handling in the area of the Freeport of Riga.
SIA Riga Nordic Terminal is one of the first stevedore service providers in Latvia to introduce energy management system following ISO 50001 terms. In 2018, the company certified the energy management system and submitted to the Ministry of Economics the measures that have been taken to conduct the policy of energy saving and optimization. (view certificate)
SIA Riga Nordic Terminal has introduced, maintains and continuously develops a quality management system following ISO 9001 standard terms as well as the regulating legislative acts in the sector. In 2018, the quality management system of the company has been certified, thus confirming to both customers and providers that SIA Riga Nordic Terminal is a safe and reliable partner to work with. (view certificate)
Dynamic modern development, high quality of the services offered and individual approach to each customer are the fundamental principles of our daily operations. We can achieve all that because we are responsible and it is important for us to act as professionals in every situation, while striving for high quality standards.
To continue handling of sawn timber cargo and increase the storage capacity area up to 10,000 sq m or for simultaneous storage of 30,000 mt3 of bulk cargo.
To become a more accessible and efficient terminal servicing RORO ships by providing accurate and fast cargo handling services, while taking account of the customers’ possibilities and needs.
HISTORY OF THE COMPANY
- In 2016, Riga Nordic Terminal was the fastest growing terminal in sawn timber segment in the area of the Freeport of Riga. This was thanks to the customers’ support and loyalty as well as the professionalism of the people who work for the company.
- Since 15 September 2014, the company has been solvent and has been fulfilling its commitments before creditors in full, as well as it has been increasing its turnover by 20% each year.
- On 15 May 2002, the Public Joint Stock Company Mangaļu Kuģu Remonta Rūpnīca (Mangaļi Shipyard) was renamed as the public joint stock company TERMINĀLS VECMĪLGRĀVIS.
- In 2000, a berth for RORO ships was opened and a terminal for passenger transport services was set up.
- On 3 October 1991, after the collapse of the USSR, the Public Joint Stock Company Mangaļu Kuģu Remonta Rūpnīca (Mangaļi Shipyard) was re-registered in the Register of Enterprises of the Republic of Latvia and the privatization process started.
- Mangaļu Kuģu Remonta Rūpnīca (Mangaļi Shipyard) was founded in 1946 as a repair facility for fishing ships.